Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- • 4 pieces of Lasagne, uncooked
- • 1 chicken breast, 6-8-oz., cooked
- • 1/4 cup freshly chopped tomato
- • 1 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste
- • 1 tbsp. chopped capers
- • 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- • 1 tsp. salt
- • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- • 1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
- • 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- • 20 basil leaves
- • 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- • 3 large tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- • 3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil (optional)
- • Basil leaves (optional)
- • 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- • 2 tbsp. pitted and chopped black olives, such as Kalamata
- • 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, cut chicken breast into 6-8 pieces. In a food processor or blender, puree chicken breast with tomato paste. Add oil slowly, then add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Transfer puree to a bowl and mix in 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes and capers. Add the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil and olives. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. On a board, lay out 4 pieces of lasagne. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Lay 3-4 basil leaves on each piece of lasagne. Divide pureed chicken mixture into four equal parts. Spoon 1/4 of the mixture on one end of each sheet of lasagne. Roll up each sheet and secure each together with a toothpick.
- Pour 1/4 cups of chicken broth into four oven-safe coffee cups or ramekins. Place rolled up lasagnes into cups. Place the cups in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Slowly fill pan with 1 inch of water. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, cook onion and chopped tomatoes (with their juice) over medium heat until mixture has a sauce-like consistency (about 8-10 minutes). Add pepper and basil. Set aside.
- When lasagnes are done, remove from ramekins by carefully draining liquid from each, and turning ramekins upside down. Remove lasagnes and turn right side up. Remove toothpicks. Divide among four bowls, placing a lasagne in center of each bowl. Top each lasagne with a little sauce and pour remaining sauce around sides of lasagne. Garnish with basil leaves.
Wine Pairing Recommendations
TWISTED TWIG WINERY CORPORATION http://old.twistedtwigwinery.com/